Saturday, June 2, 2012

Kid again

Ever since I saw the commercial of the little kids dressed as Avengers, but they were really playing with toys in the store- I've wanted to be a kid again and use the store props to dress as one of the Avengers. It just looked like fun.  This past week I was in Target looking for something- oh, the most perfect Contigo water bottle (didn't find it- had to order it from the company website).  I passed by the toy isle and spotted an Iron Man mask (I'm more of a Captain America fan to tell the truth).  I had lost my shopping partner in my distraction, so I donned the mask and ta-da!  I had a mission, find Claudia!  I intercepted a few strange looks before I completed my mission, but I was smiling underneath that silly mask.  Sometimes you just need SILLY.  When I was in undergrad college, I was silly often especially surrounded by creative artist types.  Life was fun.  I feel that fun quality seeping back into my life since I started my new job.

It's awesome.  I can't say enough about what a good decision it was to change my job and work place.  I'm insanely happy.  I caught myself smiling in the middle of the day.  Don't remember any one thing making me smile.  The whole is greater than the sum of the parts.  I'm thankful for the sunshine warming my face.  I'm thankful for a cold beer on a hot day.  I'm thankful for a cool breeze when humidity makes clothes sticky.  (Note all these warm weather references- don't think I would be as happy in colder climates)  I'm truly thankful for new job and the people with which I work.  Thank you G-d and the universe!

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for sharing your comments with me! As soon as I get a chance, I will check out your comment and approve it (unless you are an angry spambot bent on dominating the world, one spam post at a time).