Thursday, August 23, 2012

back to school

Welcome Back to school for those who are going back or or Happy School Days for those who are dipping their toes for the first time in the education pool of learning.  This week I caught up on my Stitcher favorites and was paused by Freakonomics Goes to College, Part 2: A New Freakonomics Radio Podcast. After you finished your Bachelor or Master's degree- did you feel that it was worth the cost? 

If you enjoy Part 2, here's Freakonomics Goes to College, Part 1: A New Freakonomics Radio Podcast.


Part of the reason why I decided to go to a different college to get a Master's in Instructional Systems/Instructional Design is because I want to be exposed how another University provides their distance learning (already experienced at USF from my MLIS).  I got an early sneak peak at my first two classes and am disappointed.  Some of the documents are scanned crooked, from 10-20 years ago and have handwritten notes on them.  At least they are conveniently online?  I expect more.  Bells.  Whistles. More.  We'll see if my opinion changes at the conclusion of Fall 2012. Perhaps I should have just gotten a certificate?

On my longer commute, I am listening to "The Adventures of Tom Sawyer" with my daughter (she has to read it this year in one of her classes).  She asked me if that is the one that has all the N words in it.  She asked why would they allow that in the school?  In short, historic relevance?  Heck, I like it just because words like "ruination."

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for sharing your comments with me! As soon as I get a chance, I will check out your comment and approve it (unless you are an angry spambot bent on dominating the world, one spam post at a time).