Wednesday, July 3, 2013

Nothing To Do in Vegas?

Official VIP #BbWorld13 Blogger
aka Color Commentator
As you might know, I've been selected as an official VIP blogger for #BbWorld13 which according to my unofficial sources is the best conference every year to go to in my field- it also helps that we use Blackboard as our Learning Management System.  It's in Las Vegas, NV which I will now refer to Vegas because I can and life is short.  I've never been to Vegas (which neither has my partner and it's sad she can't come) and I've never been to a #BbWorld Conference.

If you know me at all, you know I'm a planner.  +Blackboard Inc. makes it easy to plan with their mobile app.  Please note that when I added the sessions to my iCalendar, it made each event 1 hour later than it is actually so I had to edit each one before I saved it to my calendar- don't even try it with iOS7 (beta).  One of the "must see sessions" that I won't miss is "The Ins and Outs of Designing an Exemplary Course on 7/11 from 4:15-5:10 in Venetian 1.  One of my top-notch collegues (Matt Acevedo) is co-presenting highlights from his Director's Choice winning course (the link shows a course tour video). Hopefully next year, I'll be doing the same as Matt (aka "the Doctor").

Need an idea of the amazingness of #BbWorld?  Check out this video for a taste test.



It may not be ALA battledecks, but even #BbWorld has it's own gaming (ahem, not gambling) through its Scavenger Hunt (click on the link for a video introduction to the hunt).  Maybe there will be another flash mob this year or some special guests?

Even after all this, there is VEGAS, baby!  Want to see the sights... check out the "strip?" Most #BbWorld goers got a sweet deal at a stay at the Venetian and Palazzo (they have an app for their property too!) Nearly every Vegas hotel on the strip has some kind of novelty to enjoy, like the fountains at the Bellagio.  From the Luxor, another great deal for a "slight" discount to see the sights.  Check out @Blackboard's suggestions for what to do during your conference downtime. My silly choice is to check out Toby Keith's I love this bar and grille just because I'm down home like that.

Less that a week #BbWorld13 or bust... And for future reference, what happens in Vegas- doesn't stay in Vegas (I'm a VIP Blogger, yo!).

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for sharing your comments with me! As soon as I get a chance, I will check out your comment and approve it (unless you are an angry spambot bent on dominating the world, one spam post at a time).